Globally, League of Legends is one of the most played video games. Riot Games, a corporation, is the one that actually developed this. The only game currently available for Mac is League, although you might prefer to utilize your computer for something else besides gaming. Coming to reviewtechz, we will help you delete League of Legends from Mac with simple but effective steps.
Delete League of Legends from Mac if you have the following issues:
You need to free up space on your Mac
League of Legends uses a lot of storage space on your computer, so you can delete it to make room if you’re running low. Your Mac will function and work more efficiently as a result. Additionally, this League of Legends slot allows you to download whatever programs you like.
You want to protect your Mac from hidden viruses
The likelihood of contracting malware is quite low if you downloaded League of Legends from the official website. In fact, many experts agree that macOS is totally immune to viruses. But viruses can get into the PC. It may be a good idea to remove League of Legends from your Mac for this reason.
Reinstall the game when there is an error during the game
Many players favor the well-known MOBA game League of Legends. However, there will be numerous occasions when you must entirely delete the game due to an issue that occurred while playing. Because it interferes with your gameplay, this is negative. Additionally, it is really bothersome.
You want to stop playing video games and alter your lifestyle
Since the gaming market is expanding so quickly, you might wish to try another online game. On the other side, you should give up playing games altogether and try to create a nicer space. When you recognize that your gaming is a waste of time and your health, it’s also a good idea to adjust your outlook on life.
How to delete League of Legends from Mac
The inability to uninstall League of Legends from your Mac computer can be attributed to a variety of factors. The game can also leave your computer with a lot of issues if you uninstall it partially. To ensure your Mac operates without a hitch, you must totally delete the LoL game and any associated files.
Delete League of Legends from Mac manually
The majority of the disk space on your Mac is typically consumed by games. You can recover up to 10 GB of disk space if you choose to remove League of Legends.
Though frequent updates, patches, a separate launcher, and other things can make it difficult to delete the game. Delete each linked file one at a time as follows if you find it impossible to do so yourself:
- Remove the primary client first to begin uninstalling League of Legends.
- Stop playing League of Legends. For this, choose “Quit LeagueClient” from the “Riot Client” menu.
- Move the shortcut for the “Riot Games client” to your “Trash” by going to the Applications folder.
- Find and remove the game’s support files by going to the System Library folder. To do this, open Finder and enter “/Library” in the search field by pressing “Command+Shift+G.” Click “Go.”
- Drag the “League of Legends” folder to the “Trash” folder: Navigate to “Application Support” and select “Riot Games.”
- Get rid of your trash.
- Start your Mac again. The final stage is not required. But it is best to double-check that you have deleted the application entirely.
Delete League of Legends from Mac automatically
Even though using the Trash is the simplest method of uninstalling programs, you can still find some copies of the app’s files and folders on your Mac after using the Trash method. Additionally, you want to remove League of Legends from your Mac without removing the file. The PowerMyMac utility is a straightforward approach that is suggested.
Apps can be totally uninstalled with this strong tool. You may delete League of Legends from Mac without losing the files you wish to save because it allows you to preview files. It has the ability to check your system for garbage files as well as uninstall files. With just a few clicks, these useless files can be removed.
Follow these instructions:
- From PowerMyMac.com, the software’s official website, download it. The installation is then completed by opening the installer file and following the on-screen directions. Your machine should launch PowerMyMac.
- In the left sidebar, select “App Uninstaller.” On the interface, select the “SCAN” button in the bottom right corner.
- Watch for the list of apps to fill up completely. Find League of Legends next. You can choose which files to delete and deselect which ones to keep.
- Press the “CLEAN” button, then wait for the procedure to finish. When the cleanup is finished, PowerMyMac will provide a window alerting you to the fact.
- After finishing, you can leave PowerMyMac and, if you’d like, restart your computer.
Above are the 2 best ways to delete League of Legends from Mac that we would recommend to you. You can choose either one according to your needs. Hope the article will help you to remove this game, wish you success!
You may also like: What is League of Legends? – Game Modes and Generals